Canadians suffering from chronic diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease, will soon have better options to support the management of their illnesses.
Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton have started six commercialization projects through the Health Ecosphere, an innovation pipeline program for commercial health solutions. A combined total of $2.02M will be invested in the projects to test innovative health products designed to solve medical issues facing healthcare providers today.
The Health Ecosphere program helps each company along their path to commercialization – enabling them to perform on-site testing, continue with product development, and lead clinical trials. The program is supported by Federal Economic Development Agency of Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), which has contributed $727k to these local projects.
The six southern Ontario-based partners were selected through a rigorous screening process:
- Gene Blueprint (Hamilton): Genetically-personalized health and wellness programs
- m-Health Solutions (Burlington): Mobile cardiac arrhythmia diagnostic service
- InnoCare (Hamilton): Clinic management software
- Mariner Endosurgery (Hamilton): Software and hardware solutions for laparoscopic surgery
- Cloud DX (Kitchener): Cloud platform for vital signs tracking and analysis
- Enhanced Medical Nutrition (Hamilton): Evidence-based clinical nutrition
The Health Ecosphere program is supported and facilitated by the Synapse Consortium, an organization representing the life sciences cluster in the greater Hamilton region, and Innovation Factory, Hamilton’s regional innovation centre.More Info