The HRLMP has more than 700 staff members including 50 medical and scientific staff with cross appointments at McMaster University. With laboratories located at each acute care site in Hamilton, we are one of the largest integrated laboratory service programs in Canada.
The HRLMP delivers services across many disciplines.
- Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Chemistry and Immunology
- Core Laboratory
- Special Hematology
- Transfusion Medicine
HRLMP coordinates research studies for physicians, allied health professionals and researchers from across Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton. The HRLMP participates in more than 50 research studies each year.
Services provided for research studies include:
- Sample collection
- Sample preparation – centrifugation and separation of serum and plasma, making blood smears
- Sample testing on fresh and/or frozen samples
- Sample storage – short term storage in both -20 and -70°C freezers
- Tissue processing, embedding and slide preparation