The Fraunhofer Project Centre for Biomedical Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing (FPC-BEAM) at McMaster University is a 20,000 sq. ft. facility with the goal of enhancing early stage intellectual property in the areas of cell therapies, diagnostics and biomaterials to further develop the technology and accelerate commercialization.
FPC-BEAM has infrastructure and expertise to facilitate the development phase of your project, including the creation of design, prototyping and manufacturing methods for academic, clinical and industrial IP. The space boasts a series of office, meeting and instrument suites that creates a workflow allowing rapid generation, optimization, validation and scale-up of your technology, moving IP to commercial product.
FPC-BEAM brings together expertise from both the Fraunhofer IZI (Europe’s Leader in Cell Therapy Manufacturing) and McMaster University (2017 Most Research Intensive University) to create a unique institute with a core focus on applied research. Leveraging McMaster’s research expertise and Fraunhofer’s proven ability to translate research to industry, FPC-BEAM will allow academic and industry partners to translate their ideas into commercially viable products.
Areas of Focus
- Cell therapies
- Access to advanced, scalable manufacturing processes
- Facilitate market deployment of the most promising technologies
- Contract research and assisted product development
- Licenses to existing companies to commercialize academic inventions
- Contract Manufacturing / Research Organization (CMO/CRO)
- Contract, Professional and Other Services
- Research Centres and Institutes
- Research Institutes & Academic Institutions
- Testing & Medical Laboratories