The Biointerfaces Institute at McMaster University is a state-of-the-art facility implementing high-throughput research pipelines to investigate the nature of the biological/material interface, or biointerface.
The institute is led by Dr. John Brennan, Professor and Canada Research Chair in Bioanalytical Chemistry and Biointerfaces. Dr. Brennan is a world leader in the development of advanced sol-gel based biomaterials, biosensor technologies and high-throughput drug screening platforms.
The institute has ten additional core faculty members with expertise in high-throughput synthesis, surface characterization, polymer chemistry, bioassay development and opthalmic biomaterials, with backgrounds in Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering.
- Contract Manufacturing / Research Organization (CMO/CRO)
- Contract, Professional and Other Services
- Research Centres and Institutes
- Research Institutes & Academic Institutions
- Testing & Medical Laboratories