McMaster University’s Faculty of Health Sciences is unique as the only Canadian university that combines, in one Faculty, schools of medicine, nursing, rehabilitation sciences, and the programs of midwifery, bachelor of health sciences, physician assistant and postgraduate health sciences education. This is a specific initiative to train members of the medical team in a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach to develop effective and efficient health care.
Our sites include:
- The administrative offices of the Faculty of Health Sciences are sited within the Health Sciences Centre on McMaster University’s beautiful campus, a building shared with the McMaster University Medical Centre, one of five hospitals of Hamilton Health Sciences
- Students of the Faculty of Health Sciences learn in the affiliated academic hospitals of Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton, as well as affiliated community hospital partners in Niagara, Haldimand-Norfolk, Brant, Kitchener-Waterloo, Wellington and Halton.
- Classrooms, laboratories and offices for the Faculty’s schools and programs are also housed on campus in the Michael G. DeGroote Centre for Learning and Discovery and the Mohawk-McMaster Institute for Applied Health Sciences, and in downtown Hamilton at the David Braley Health Sciences Centre at the McMaster Health Campus.
- The Waterloo Regional Campus of Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine is located on the Downtown Kitchener Health Sciences Campus of the University of Waterloo in Kitchener Ont.
- The Niagara Regional Campus of Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine is located in purpose-built space on the first floor of the Cairns Family Health and Biosciences Research Complex on the campus of Brock University in St. Catharines, Ont.
- Students have the opportunity to learn in a multitude of clinical situations, with placements in more than 60 Ontario communities including in rural and Northern Ontario.
Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University
Institute of Applied Health Sciences,
Room 403, 1400 Main St. W. Hamilton, ON L8S 1C7