For concerned citizens and influential thinkers and doers, the McMaster Health Forum strives to be a leading hub for improving health outcomes through collective problem solving. Operating at regional/provincial levels and at national levels, we harness information, convene stakeholders and prepare action-oriented leaders to meet pressing health issues creatively. The Forum acts as an agent of change by empowering stakeholders to set agendas, take well-considered actions and communicate the rationale for actions effectively.
Health- and social-system leaders looking to strengthen health systems, and get the right programs, services and drugs to those who need them, can draw on our services in any of five domains:
- learn how to make decisions based on the best available research evidence;
- find evidence through our own products and the best available sources of pre-appraised, synthesized research evidence;
- spark action through stakeholder dialogues, citizen panels and more;
- embed supports for evidence-informed decision-making, by institutionalizing promising and proven approaches; and
- evaluate innovations in supporting evidence-informed decision-making.