The McMaster Manufacturing Research Institute (MMRI), one of Canada’s most advanced and best equipped research laboratories, combines research excellence with state-of-the-art equipment to meet the sophisticated research and development needs of leading manufacturers. Created in 2000, the MMRI provides a focus for high-profile research and serves as a vehicle for university-industry-government interaction. In addition the institute promotes, encourages, and performs fundamental and applied research in cooperation with its industrial partners and provides systematic mechanisms for technology transfer and infusion of knowledge and research results.
The McMaster Manufacturing Research Institute consists of seven research labs. Each lab specializes in a unique branch of manufacturing:
- Machining Systems Research Laboratory (MSL)
- Centre for Advanced Polymer Processing and Design (CAPPA-D)
- Micro Manufacturing Laboratory (MML)
- Metal Forming Laboratory (MFL)
- Robotics and Manufacturing Automation Research (RMAL)
- Thermal Processing Laboratory (TPL)
Renowned faculty members from several departments; mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science & engineering, engineering physics and electrical & computer engineering, combine their expertise in machining, metal forming, polymer processing, thermal processing, micro-manufacturing, grinding, robotics and manufacturing automation to conduct industry-relevant research, educate undergraduate and graduate students and train post-degree professionals.
- Contract, Professional and Other Services
- Research Centres and Institutes
- Research Institutes & Academic Institutions
- Testing & Medical Laboratories