Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade (MEDJCT)
Supporting a strong, innovative economy that can provide jobs, opportunities and prosperity for all Ontarians.
What we do
- Support job creation, innovation and economic growth for all Ontarians.
- Deliver a range of programs, services and tools to help businesses innovate and compete in today’s fast-changing global economy.
- Help make investing in Ontario more attractive for businesses, while protecting the public interest.
- Support the growth of small and medium-sized businesses so they can connect with new export markets and customers.
- Manage a network of international trade and investment offices in key markets around the world.
- Organize international business missions to increase export and investment opportunities for Ontario’s companies.
- Ensure Ontario’s interests are well-represented in all trade matters and negotiations (including CUSMA, CPTPP and CETA) and drive strategic investment and trade analysis.
- Drive internal trade by working bilaterally with other provinces and territories and by implementing the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA).
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and tactics that favourably position the province’s key economic strengths and promote Ontario as the best place to invest, work, live and succeed.
- Develop strategies for priority industries and sectors in Ontario.
- Build strategic partnerships with leading companies and stakeholders within Ontario’s economy.
- Foster scientific discovery and commercialization of new technologies and products that can be marketed to the world.
- Harness Ontario’s talented workforce, entrepreneurial spirit and highly developed industry clusters.