The Global Nexus for Pandemics and Biological Threats leverages our collective strength and international networks, building an environment for the world’s top experts across disciplines and sectors to work together.
Our collaborative efforts will ensure the world is better prepared to meet the challenges of future biological threats and will bolster the international recovery from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Bold discovery efforts, underpinned by interdisciplinary teams, will produce evidence, enhance understanding and deliver solutions across a multitude of areas, such as:
- Advancing the development of novel treatments and vaccines
- Identifying powerful diagnostics and creating tools to detect and diagnose threats
- Developing and testing policy levers and rapidly generating data required for evidence-based policymaking
- Using epidemiological models to inform decision-makers and support pandemic plans, protocols and actions
- Creating social innovations that allow individuals and systems to withstand and rebound from future threats
This nexus will establish Canada as a leader among leaders within the international pandemic preparedness ecosystem. We will recruit the best and brightest to Canada to deliver on our ambition. The initiative will be based in a purpose-built building designed to foster collaboration among connected experts across scientific, medical, social, economic and political dimensions.
The new environment will provide space and infrastructure for pharma-grade drug screening platforms, ambulatory clinical space and biosafety level 3 facilities.
- Contract Manufacturing / Research Organization (CMO/CRO)
- Hospitals & Care Providers
- Research Institutes & Academic Institutions
- Testing & Medical Laboratories